Sunday, November 05, 2006

Photos!

Photos from my mobile phone so the quality will be poor.

Minced pork on rice. It was ordinary but hey since I have my camera?

Fish ball noodles from Scott's food court. Very ordinary too.

Smelly tofu (YUK for me, delicious to my parents)

Deep fried pig's intestines - delicious!

Night out with my friend Kevin means lots of food and beer. That's satay in the background, a nice cold mug of Tiger beer, pan meen (some sort of noodles and soup thingy) and 'pak kor longan' (Ginko nuts and longan) err...sweet drink?

Kevin and Chang beer

Special hot plate or jian (oyster omelette)

Or jian with Tiger beer (the way it should be served!)

Char tau kweh (pan fried carrot cake - I'm quite it's actually radish, not carrot but that's the translation)

Fried beef kway teow. Supposedly famous and good but nothing special for me.

They've worked their way out on how to keep your beer cool in this hot and humid part of the world. The dispenser has a cylinder in the middle packed full of ice. Imagine lying under the tap and just letting it go. I should be a few for parties at home. I think they hold up to three litres each. Yaaaammmm sennnng!

No comments: