I don't have a photo to show because my camera is broken but here's a photo from the Cycle Craft (the shop I bought it from) website:

Mine's a dull gray colour. Maybe it's better that way (attracts less attention from would-be-thieves). Ah yes, found the correct photo from the Scott USA website:

Nice? :-) I've only got the standard pedals (without the little clip thing-a-magics) for now. I'm worried if I get the clips I might just have an embarrassing fall at the traffic lights when I can't get my shoes unclipped. :-)
So, I've been practicing getting up at 6am to go exercise before I go to work (when I'm in Singapore that is). I can wake up but the body is still not listening i.e. not ready for exercise. So now it's time to get phase two into place - cycle! I had to make sure I have my full complement of reflectors and lights (plus helmet even though we are not legally required to use them). The drivers in Singapore are ruthless and big bullies when it comes to transport of the two-wheeled kind including motorcycles. Their attitude seem to be along the lines of "it hasn't got at least four wheels so it doesn't belong on our roads!" so you have to be extra careful. Shame on you Singaporean drivers!
I had an encounter with said kind of driver on the way back from the shop. This cab driver decided to overtake me just to stop five meters in front of me. As he was stopped, I decided to overtake on the left since it's a very narrow road and it's too hard to maneuver to the right lane. He then decides to creep forward and then block me in with a parked car. I started to shout at the guy and he just waves an insincere "whoops" and looks away. That's what pisses me off so I gave him the finger which I guess he didn't see otherwise he'd be chasing me down with his car. Sigh...I hope 6.30am traffic is not as bad.
Anyway...time to go and play with my bike again. :-) Posting about my recent Mt Haba trip later!
chet
No comments:
Post a Comment