I have to make a work trip to Bangkok this week so I took the opportunity to attend a cooking class that was recommended by a friend of mine and boy was it a suprise! I have not had such a good time in such a long time! And it wasn't because it was all about food but the atmosphere, the fun of cooking, the dishes. The outfit is so well organised - all the menus and recipes were ready, aprons and towels, lockers, equipment, all the ingredients for each dish ready. I just wish my own kitchen was this well organised. :-)
I've got some photos up on Facebook if you guys want to view them but here are the dishes I made (yes me!):
Tod Man Pla (Thai Fish Cake)
Tom Kah Gai (Chicken 'N Galangal in Coconut Milk Soup)
The ubiquitous Pad Thai (Stir Fried Rice Noodle Thai Style) - easy to make, but not easy to make a good one!
Tab Tim Grobb (Water Chestnut in Coconut Milk)
The wonderful teacher Nam (left) and her assistant Nick (right)So....if you guys are in town (Bangkok), give this a whirl! I'm sure you'll enjoy it and no, I'm not going to cook for you, you lazy arses! ;-) I will definitely give this a go again when I make my next trip. I want to learn to make my own green curry paste!
And oh yeah, the place is called Baipai and their URL is
http://www.baipai.com/index.html.
chet
5 comments:
Those dishes look so yum!
wow.
Now you can't get out of hosting a dinner-party,...
So long as you can make it so Singapore. The ingredients can only be found on this side of the world. :-)
the dishes look fantastic. I wish I could go to Bagkok to take lessons or better yet to Singapore to laze around and get someone else to cook for me :-D
hey fioleta, haha....like I said...you guys have to make your way to Singapore to sample some of this cooking. For my next trip to Bangkok, I want to see if I can sign up for their green curry course - they actually teach you how to make the curry paste itself (not packet ones that I usually use).
Post a Comment