Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I have moved...

...houses, not jobs or blogs. :-)

I hate moving! The next move should be made permanent (if I have enough saved up!) Anyway, I've moved further away from the city and closer to the airport since it can become my second home sometimes and I thought it'd be nice to stay further away from everything. Took a lot of convincing for my housemate as we both don't have cars and the commute time to work is effectively doubled. The new place is nice, well maintained, and has a fantastic view from my room (see photo below).


There's a 4.3km track around the lake which was of course an attraction as well. In fact I just came back from a run (pant pant I'm so unfit!)

Oh and I have to thank dad for coming all the way down here on such a long trip (8 hrs on the bus!) and helping me out. I think I will still be slogging away with a gazillion trips to and fro the old place if he didn't come down to give me a hand. Having to travel on the week of the move, plus getting sick at the same time really didn't do me any good. THANKS DAD! I really appreciate it!

Some photos of the move:
My favourite kuli hard at work!

The first and least complicated truckload. Notice how dad's got his socks pulled all the way up like the Queenslanders do!

The other movers - Mr Chen (Truck provider and driver - thanks for helping!), dad and one of my housemates, George having late lunch

We were hungry (and very thirsty!!) The drinks are water chestnuts and really nice and refreshing!

End result (I'm still unpacking!) - and these are all my stuff! Sobs....

And of course there is the food after a hard day's work of packing and moving!

Werners - Yummm....that pork leg should be sufficient for the appetite I've worked up!

Korean BBQ at Su's in Boat Quay. Notice how dad's hands are so expertly fast my phone camera can't keep up!

There was a LOT of food. We ended up slightly over-stuffing ourselves but kimchi....yummmm...we had BBQ meat and seafood, kimchi jiggae and ginseng drinks! Lucky no beer or I would have required a wheelbarrow to cart me home!

Sushi at Waraku Jap restaurant - this is $5 hamachi - how come it used to cost RM$50 each??

After sushi, we have cha soba and salmon in teriyaki sauce served on a heated thing-a-magic (there's a candle under the plate)

Garlic fried rice

The previously mentioned salmon on a hot plate

Unagi (grilled eel) on a hot plate :-)

Anyway....many thanks again to dad and of course not forgetting Mr Chen as well!

chet

2 comments:

Zoya said...

:-) I love moving. The view looks fantastic, I hope that our next move will result in a good view as well (though not as good as yours).

Eug said...

Arrrgghh...no more move! No more move! How I wish we had the technology to just beam stuff across to the new place...

I also got an eye infection from the dust (I suspect) during the move and it has now spread from the left eye to the right eye. I look like a Dr Jerkyl right now with completely red coloured eyes (and it stings everytime I put the antibiotic eyedrop too EEEARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH)