Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Softshell crab and the Makansutra

Hello hello...another day gone, another day sweated off. I have probably lost 10 kgs in fluids but that's ok...i had to do my preemployment medical today and the weight is tipping 110kg! Yikes...

Well...I guess I can write about food but without a decent computer with a USB port, I can't upload the pictures so there's no point. In short, I had a very nice Thai style soft-shell crab curry last night and it was good. As usual, my appetite was bigger than my stomach and I overordered by asking for a plate of fried squid too. I was quite sick at the end of the meal but hey, all that plus a mango drink for SGD$20.

Today was the first time I've gone to eat at one of the thousands of food stalls. This one specialised in "mee pork" which is essentially noodles and minced pork. It was delicious! Again, I wished I had a camera...there I was sweating in the intense humidity (it rained again today which is good to counter the haze that's been floating in from Sumatera), gobbling down this bowl of noodles and drinking the hot soup! BTW, I've gone and bought the Makansutra (http://www.makansutra.com/index.php) book. I'm already flipping through the pages and it's making me hungry! Think I might go try one of the famous chicken rice listings tonight. I hope they have chicken breast for me.

Anyways...back to flat hunting. I'll write if anything interesting comes up or there's new food to write about! :-)
chet

No comments: