Yippee! I finally got to cook in my kitchen tonight three weeks after moving in! I managed to unpack all the important stuff for cooking except...I couldn't find my chopping board so I had to buy a new one today. Brought it home, washed it cut the choy sum, tomota, garlic, etc. and then I was ready to cook the ultimate culinary delight for any student type person - instant noodles! At this point, I realised I didn't have a spatula either (DOH!) So I had to ransack another box and at least found this wooden gravy spoon so it'll do. Ahh...to be able to cook at home is a nice feeling but the kitchen has no fan nor airconditioning so I was soaking wet by the time I finished.
I walked into this little unexplored section of Suntec after work today just to see what's in there. Lots of small food stalls (what else?) I bought some tatoyaki (sp?) which is normally an octopus ball thingy with Japanese mayo and a sweetish sauce. Very nice but here's a tip - always wait till it cools sufficiently. I still can't feel my tongue as I type this, 4.5 hours after.
I bought some 'long yoke' (BBQ-ed dried meat thingy) as well. Very nice but chewy. My jaw hurts on top of my tongue. There's no photograph because I ate it all before I remembered. :-)
That's it for today. Short one!
chet
No comments:
Post a Comment