Sunday, December 17, 2006

KLIA lounge


Hey there...I'm writing this blog from my computer in the KLIA Plaze Premium Lounge while quietly sipping one or two (or three!) Carlsberg beers from the tap. This is not a bad place and no I didn't purchase business class or first class tickets. This is a lounge available to all passengers for a reasonable RM$80 and I'm quite impressed (see beer tap picture).

Whitty, Tanya I know you guys are transiting in KLIA - if you're bored and your next flight is less than 5 hours away, give this lounge a try. RM$80 is probably equiv to about AUD$28 per person. The beer ain't bad. :-) Oh yeah, I just took a shower too. It's not the best shower in the world but it's warm and it's nice after a long day.

As some of you may have guessed, I decided to go home to Kuantan for the weekend. Suprised mum and I'm even more suprised my dad could keep a secret for more than 12 hours! It's Christmas shopping time so I'm hoping business at the shop will perk up real soon as we ramp up to Chinese New Year. I ate at the usual breakfast joint (my fav curry laksa place) *twice* and helped out at the shop. Nothing much else apart from that.

In my quest for a cheaper air ticket, I found out that Sri Lankan and Japan Airlines actually fly the Singapore-KL route and their tickets are about 25-30% cheaper than #%!$@ Malaysia Airlines or Singapore Airlines so that's an option for those of you who didn't know. I also found a great online booking website for air tickets although you still have to fax in authorisation forms when using credit card. The URL: http://www.airfares.com.sg. They have a lot of call centre people so getting through is never a problem but be prepared if you want to pick up the tickets in person. Their office (which is quite big) is located on top of a wet market and hawker centre so first impressions won't work. :-)

Japan Airlines wasn't too bad. I was half expecting sushi and sake but hey, it's only a 55 minute flight. It was interesting watching the safety videos though. It's all done with animation which I think is a lot more effective as they can demonstrate what happens if things are not done correctly. I got a nice big box of apple juice but that was it...

Anyways...I'm off for yet another beer (*hic*)...ciao!

chet

No comments: