Sunday, December 10, 2006

Supermarket

Hi everyone, I went to the local supermarket a few weeks ago. It's a small one (not as big as Safeway St Kilda or the Coles in Port Melbourne) but it's got so many things I can't buy in the Aussie supermarkets. For one, cheap seafood and chicken. I can also find the slightly more unusual like frogs, black chicken, funny looking herbs, lots of dried food, etc. BUT (and it's a big BUT), the supermarket doesn't have meat pies, fresh coffee beans nor any better looking tomatoes. I think the vegetables in Australia are a much better quality although there's more choices of 'Asian' vegetables here.

I can also buy beer and wine in the supermarket. No separate liquor section here.

The cost? Probably not as much as it costs in Melbourne (anyone notice that prices have NEVER gone down since the GST was introduced?) but still up there.

Anyways...some pictures just to keep this blog going. I've been so flat out at work recenly I haven't even uploaded some of the pics from my trip to Bangalore yet. More about Bangalore and Surabaya soon...

White pomfret - can't find these in Safeway or Coles

Skinned frogs - can't find these in Safeway or Coles either (yuk!)

Skippy peanut butter with strip of jam - I used to love these as a kid but somehow I've outgrown it?? Bought a bottle and haven't touched it since

All kinds of beer....yuuummm........*drooool*

chet

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats because majority of vegetables there are GM food?

Eug said...

Really? Thought the Aussie government didn't allow it? And which David is this? Too many Davids in the world!!