
The first one was a D24, which is quite a common yet delicious type. The D24 was creamy and sweet but had a fairly big seed i.e. less 'flesh' to eat. Cost? SGD$8. Tonight? Tonight was a new type that I haven't tried before called 'XO'. I misheard the guy when I asked how much and got him to open up the fruit for me before I bring it home. I thought he said SGD$10 but it turned out to be SGD$10 per kg! So the XO durian cost me a whopping SGD$19. Whatever happened to wild grown durian picked up by kampung (village) folks that cost less than RM$10 ??
Anyway, here are some pics. Sorry but I ate the first two 'seeds' before I remembered to take a photo.


And this one was taken 10 minutes later. :-)

So, Kevin, eat your heart out! MUAHAHA....and Whitty and Jack, I won't bother saying anything because I remember the two of you so unbelievably said it tasted like onion!! IT DOES NOT!!
chet (with ultra bad breath now, smelly hands and a fart that kills!)
2 comments:
You know, in Singapore you get fined for taking Durian in the MRT trains... Think it was a $SGD500 fine or something like that.
The signs are kinda amusing, kinda like "No smoking, offensive language or durians".
You're right...there are three things on the sign in the train and one of them is no durians!
Post a Comment