Here's a new whinge from me - I was travelling back from Jakarta last week and whenever I can, I only have hand carry luggage so I can zip out of the airport as soon as I land. Well...apparently Singapore Airlines had introduced new security measures which meant I cannot carry more than 100ml of liquids. So my brand new tube of toothpaste and my bottle of deodorant was confiscated. I didn't see any signs and I do know they've introduced these new measures for flights to Europe, US and Australia but not for Asia?? And to add to the confusion, everything was fine when I flew in from Singapore. Grrr...
What about the whole thing about no aerosols in your check-in luggage too? I don't mind walking around smelling like a well used rag but is this overkill? (perhaps I should use the word 'kill' either - might get me in trouble).
Bet you there's a whole bunch of toothpaste, deodorant manufacturers snickering all the way to the bank after they've released their new "traveller's pack" products.
Anyways...time to go out. I've spent my entire Saturday at home and I'm not about to do the same thing today! I've found a very interesting travelling outfit called Singapore Adventurer's Club or SAC (http://www.sac.org) and they do lots of trekking trips around Asia at what I think are affordable and attractive prices. Their office is only a few minutes walk from my place and I'm quite interested in a trip they're organising to Mt Elbrus in Russia in August. Any takers? Let me know soon as I have to start planning and training for it (and scraping enough $$). Geez...I wonder if four months is enough? I've gained 10kgs since moving back from Australia and haven't been exercising regularly plus my gym subscription is not being put to good use as I'm not around most of the time. And apart from the Russian which my good friends taught me before, what else should I learn? Я не понимаю or Я не говорю по-русски, но мы сможем общаться через переводчика? Я благодарен Вам за помощь. :-)
And no I don't want to learn how to curse in Russian...ok ok maybe the following (and I know Polina, Jules and Zoya are going to give me a hard time on these):
Ты такая изумительная
Ты такая прелестная
Ты такая привлекательная
Ты так великолепна
Ты такая красивая
Is that right?
So anyone know what the political situation in the Caucasus is like right now? I've visited this website but the information looks dated?
chet
2 comments:
Welcome to our world :-) There's been no liquids on european and US flights since August last year, now Australia and Asia are catching up to the paranoya... On the upside I aquired solid stick deodorant and have to contantly buy small toothpaste tubes. How creative we can get :-)
The caucuses are a war zone dude, esp in the hills - do some treking someplace peaceful ;)
Post a Comment