Hey all,
Ahh....it's 3-quarter time and get this, I'm watching AFL footy on the Australian Network channel. Good game on tonight - Weagles vs Freo. They're all delayed telecasts but I get about 4-5 games a week which is not bad considering Aussie rules is unknown outside Australia. And the best bits? No ads! I was getting so irritated at one point back in Melbourne with the number of ads that channel 9 tried to pack between goals. Many times the ball was bounced and they were still showing ads.
I have to thank an office colleague (who is Kiwi - why would he know??). He told me about the channel. I didn't even know they showed footy here. I was actually searching high and low to see if I could somehow subscribe to Fox Footy (now defunct?) and was about to give up. Best bit is there is no extra subscription fee for the channel apart from my monthly cable TV charges.
And stuff yez stupid AFL TV scheduling in Australia - I get more Kangaroos games on TV here than in Australia!
Anyways...game's up! More later...
chet
P.S. And of course - go North!
No comments:
Post a Comment