We started with steamboat in Suntec City on the first night. Dinner was nice as usual but we ordered a tad bit too much! And I forgot it's the weekend so even with my 15% discount card, it came up to $100 which is a bit steep for dinner for three if you ask me. Skipped the chilli soup this time since I can't take it that well (even the mild!) and Pete and Eva probably can't either.
I had to work yesterday so I left the two of them to their own devices. It went something like, "Zoo? Take train to Ang Mo Kio station then catch bus 138." And they did! I got home from work and we decided to go down to Boat Quay to check out the food there. Then...my travel agent called and said my passport will be delivered between 7pm and 9pm. Doh...so there we were, three hungry chaps, waiting and waiting for the courier. He finally came at 8pm and we very quickly filed out of the apartment.
Boat Quay is a nice place for an Al Fresco dinner. A little bit too many touts though. They annoy the hell out of me. I don't like to be harassed and as soon as someone doesn't stop bothering me, that's them off my list. We did a walk all the way to the end and finally settled on Korean BBQ. Yummm....it was good but again, way too much food! Why? Well, we ordered set dinner that was meant for four people for the three of us! I was telling myself we can't do this everynight as 1) It's a waste of food, 2) I'll probably put on 10kgs by the time they leave, 3) My poor pockets are taking a big hit!
As I mentioned, my passport is back with my Chinese visa so yay, Beijing here I come! Current plan is to go two days earlier to 'acclimatise' by visiting the Forbidden City, Great Wall of China and if I have time, the Imperial Summer Palace. Hmm...gotta remember to book my hotel. I haven't done it! Then it's back to the grind of work for three days. You can tell I'm a bit of a history buff sometimes. Must dig out my camera too. I haven't used or seen it since I moved into this apartment.
The trip back will have to be broken into two legs as well. My body can't take the long travel back in one go so I've decided to stop by Shanghai. :) Mel is there and I can hopefully bunk at her place. That reminds me...I better give her a call too. Always the good organiser ain't I?
Anyway, back to Pete and Eva's visit again. Today, we went to Vivocity, mainly because I couldn't think of what else to do. Walked around for a while and then we spotted the cable cars to Sentosa Island and Mt Faber (? - can't remember the exact name) Finding the @!$% cable car station took us a good 45 minutes! We finally got on it and did a quick pass-by visit to Sentosa Island (if you get off there, you'd have to pay an admission fee). Frankly, from up there in the cable car, Sentosa Island looks a bit derilict. We got off at Mt Faber and it was boooooorring. To make matters worse, after five minutes up there, we decided to catch the cable car back and there was a big giant Indian tour group that had just queued up for the ride so impatient as we are, we booked a cab to take us to Raffles hotel to try their famous Singapore Sling.
The Raffles hotel is quite a unique place smack amongst all the tall buildings of Singapore. Gives you a sense of British colonial times. And the Singapore Sling? Pretty damn good although nothing too exciting. The cocktail menu was very extensive though so I proceeded to try the Banana Martini. A bit of an unusual drink but I liked it. Very subtle banana taste.
So...some photos from today's outing and it's time to go to sleep. Cheerio!
Heh heh heh...Pete ordered this 'drink' and it was a towering mountain of ice, mango, grass jelly, etc. Enough sugar in it to keep you going all day and all three of us couldn't finish it!chet
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Could have recognised those sandals and size of feet anywhere (Standing on glass bottom of cable cars)!
Post a Comment