That's the only word I can use to describe my performance in the triathlon today. It's official - gone are the days where I can play hours of squash or play a full soccer match or run the 'tan. *sigh* Now I'm depressed. I did a 'mini' triathlon today and it's only a 200m swim, 10km bike and 2km run and yet it took me more time to complete it compared to the 400m swim, 10km bike and 4km run that I did in Melbourne.
I think I need to change my routine and make absolutely sure I don't have to work so much (is it even possible?) I did not train for the five weeks leading up to the event because I was away so much and I was dead tired by the time I got back to the hotel every night. It's no excuse though...even my 'base' fitness is gone and I've just realised I put on 3.5kgs in that five weeks.
I miss my nice little Melbourne work and exercise routines. And I miss the Melbourne International Film Festival (just read Swampy's blog) and I miss the footy. Go the Kangas. I wonder if they'll meet Geelong in the grand final this year? It'll be one Whitty and Trevor will never live down when Geelong loses.
I'm in no mood to go on. It's sulk and recovery time...zzz...zzz...
Bleh....
chet
6 comments:
Oh no, don’t sound so down! Do some exercise instead or go for a stroll somewhere pretty. *hugs* I’m sure you’ll be able to figure some way to find time to exercise.
Cheer up Eugene! :) At least you dont have to deal with the k-k-k-kold weather in melb. this winter. We all miss you here... maybe time to visit melb for holiday, away from busy Spore workload??? Otherwise, Greg & I will visit you next Jan/ Feb. ;)
I miss winter in Melb too! I'll never know when I can ever visit Melb again now that you're not living there :(
See what you've done? Now I don't have anywhere to wear my winter clothes!
Ah exercise! Who needs it?! We're getting fat and crusty, too - go the old age! Come to Berlin and we'll make you run around the block a couple of times :))) I don't think I could even contemplate trying to run a triathlon - I think I wouldn't make it past the first 100 meters :)
PS: there's lots of different type of German beer to drown your sorrows in ;)
Time for a monthly post?
Done...made a post (or two!)
What do you think of the new theme?
Post a Comment