Wednesday, September 05, 2007

You mean I didn't make a single posting in August?!?

Thanks for the reminder Fioleta. :-) Yes, I've been too busy to post lately. August has been sheer murder and September is not far off. Hopefully October will be slightly better (maybe). I'm now in week ten of traveling around the region continuously. Yes I do go back to Singapore on weekends and oh yeah, I did spend a week in Singapore two weeks ago. My butt is starting to take the shape of a plane seat.

So I had my first taste of catching a Jeepney in Manila the other day. Only a short ride from the office to the hotel (7 pesos). The experience? Imagine a non air conditioned sardine can where they're trying to stuff more fish that can be accommodated and you'd be pretty close. It's really, really warm this time of the year in Manila. And I only have my woolen suits from Melbourne. I probably lost 5kgs in fluids today!

I'm quite excited - tomorrow I will be doing another presentation to a customer but in the afternoon, I'm being taken on a tour of Manila airport. Yippee! Yes, I've always been a fan of anything to do with planes...

Anyways....just a short post to let you guys know I'm alive. Oh yeah, I spent the two weeks before this working in Bangkok. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C food! But very bad for the waist line. Also tailor made 3 shirts and a pair of pants for 4700 Baht. That's about AUD$150 I think and the quality is not bad too. Definitely have to visit Bangkok more often. The only problem I have with customers there is that they don't really speak English.

chet

No comments: