So today started like any other dour work day, I went to meet clients, attended meetings, etc. Then I had lunch with the local guys at a local restaurant. I wanted to leave earlier to catch up on emails but decided to stay and chat a bit longer. On the way back, there were lots (in the hundreds) of people grouped around the front of the office building. I was wondering what was going on. After several attempts at finding out, apparently there was an attempted robbery and two people have died as a result. There was a car ridden with bullet holes and some blood smeared on the door at the spot where I usually stand to catch a taxi, right in front of Starbucks.
Here's the news article.
All this happened 10 minutes before I came back from lunch and my obligatory stop at Starbucks (yes, yes Whitty, I know it's not good coffee but it's better than nothing!) In fact one of the girls from the office was in Starbucks at the time. She said she was terrified.
Food for thought? (fate)
chet
4 comments:
Omigosh Eugene!
It must must have been the Sublime Sutra protecting you! Daaaavvvvviiiiiddddd!!!! Make sure you carry yours everywhere you go and not leave it in the serviced apartment or the office!
that's pretty scary. I mean that has to be one of the more 'relevant' blog posts. hmmmm
omg, i've walked pass that starbucks countless times over the past 5 over years...
there was one night where i witnessed some kind of demonstration...ppl were carrying torches of flame, but my colleagues assured me it was pretty peaceful.
thank god you're ok
scary. Glad you are OK.
Post a Comment