I'm going through tons of "to do" notes and "to read" articles I've downloaded over the past year as I have a total of less than a GB of space left on my drive. I saw this in a Malaysian newspaper article a while back (probably 3 months ago). Is it just me or does it sound not quite right?
In mitigation, defence lawyer Ranjit Singh told the court to be merciful to Balamurugan not only because he had saved the court's time and money by pleading guilty but also because it was his birthday on Monday.
"Furthermore, he has been in detention for so long, since 2004, waiting for his case to begin.
"As a birthday gift to him, I hope you would consider serving him a lighter sentence," he told Judicial Commissioner Ridwan.
I didn't know law could be interpreted in this way? Commit a crime and then say it's your birthday? Go figure...
Pity I can't find the original article to substantiate and acknowledge but it came from the Star Newspaper in Malaysia.
chet
Mood: Grumpy
No comments:
Post a Comment