Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yet another tremor

I was working late-ish again today and busy sending out tons of emails when I felt dizzy again. Funny...why would I feel dizzy all of a sudden? Then I remembered when I felt like this in the past - yep, another tremor and yep, I'm on the 17th floor of a tall building again.

With great bravado, I go "Nah...it's just a short one" and continued with my email because I was in the "zone". Fast forward about 2 mins and it was still shaking, the walls were creaking and the leaves on the plant were moving as if there was a strong indoor breeze and plus the fact that I was the only person on the floor, I cried "cluck cluck" (and a few other choice words) and high-tailed it out of there with my gear. That !@#$% work email can wait.

It was a pretty massive quake - 7.9 on the Richter scale off the coast of Sumatra so all the relevant warnings have gone out. I hope everybody's ok.

So, one would think that earthquakes don't happen in skyscraper happy Singapore? What gives??

chet

1 comment:

Yin said...

happiness! thanks for letting me peek into your world, eug :)