Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My poor bicycle

I finally got round to picking up my bike from my friend's place. It's been sitting there since the accident. It's a sight for sore eyes. My pooor bike..... :-(

You can tell the side I fell on





Blood droplets from yours truly

More of me blood!

The gears are all out of whack now




Original bike? Remember this posting?

Will I get back to cycling again? Sigh...I don't know...on one hand, I convinced a friend to invest in two really nice and expensive bicycles (for his wife too) and to 'retire' means he probably won't go cycling anymore (he's only been once since my accident). On the other hand, I'm not sure if I want to risk being hit by idiotic drivers again. I've seen a friend nearly get hit by yet another taxi because the driver was looking the other way as he turned out of a junction. I can cycle in the parks but that's sometimes more dangerous (kids) and besides, I have to cycle to the park in the first place which was what I was doing that fateful night. I've now lost a tooth and a bit and have a lip that still needs to be operated on after having more than ten stitches removed.

For those of you who don't know, I was riding my bike one night on my way to a rendezvous point with my weekly cycle friends when a taxi driver decided to make an illegal u-turn without looking. He ran straight into my side and I fell face first into the road. First time in my life I've been in an ambulance and not exactly an experience I want to go through again.

chet

4 comments:

Mashy said...

Holy shit. Hope you recover quick dude.

Eug said...

Thanks mate. It happened a while back (March). I just got round to posting the photos up.

How's life? You haven't updated your blog in a while.

chet (still alive and almost in one piece obviously)

The Authentic Self said...

Have you had your tooth replaced? When are you going to have an operation on your lip? P.S. If you enjoyed bike riding then you should pick it up again. Maybe start slow with small rides to build up confidence.

Quenie Fong said...

Don't ride on the busy roads especially at night. If you have to ride to your riding destination, do so in the day - weekends and public holidays. Wear a reflective vest and splatter your helmet with reflective tapes! That's an order!!!!