Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bored posting

It's the start of the new financial year, we've just taken over a very large company, everyone is busy planning and I haven't got a lot to do at the moment. It's a good thing I guess since I have spare time to organise my upcoming Japan trip. The plan? There's no plan! Just three weeks in the land of the rising sun and maybe a side trip to South Korea.

Here are some photos from my walk in Bukit Timah a couple of weeks ago. It was too dark really but I wanted to try out my new camera. I still haven't RTFM though so can only point and click! :-)

Map of the park - there are many different trails but all it takes is a few hours to walk them all

View from the highest natural point in Singapore (I've been told)

Yep, all 163.63m of it - incidentally the three tallest buildings in Singapore are 280m (there's a civil aviation height restriction of 280m)

My trusty 13-year old Caribee backpack that's been with me through thick and thin (Nepal, New Zealand, China) - it's coming apart at the seams but I'm not giving it up just yet!

My really nice bowl of pork porridge (rice congee to you guys in Ozland) at a place in Geylang

One of the many fruit stalls you find in Geylang - the king of fruits (durian) is in season and this is one of the smaller stalls!!

It's also Wesak day so all the Buddhist temples had their ceremonies and celebrations

I had a few more shots of some beautiful Indian temples (you'll know what I'm talking about Jules) but the bus was moving too fast for me to get a good snap.

chet

No comments: