Bali is a nice place if you're looking for peace and quiet. Pity it's so commercialised now though. I can't walk down the beach without getting a peddler pushing things in my face, I can't walk in the temples without a monkey trying to steal things off me (ask Rohit!) and I can't find a cheap-ish seafood restaurant. The restaurant in Jimbaran was charging me more for food than it costs in Singapore!
Anyway...some photos of the place I found on Wotif (Swissbel). It's really funny - I wanted a nice place next to the beach near where Rohit and Usa were staying and for some reason I thought they were in Nusa Dua. I made damn sure that I got everything right and of course at the very moment I clicked the "Pay" button, I realised they were staying in Kuta, 30 mins drive away. DOHHH! Then when I got to the hotel, I realised it was on the top of a hill far, far inland and far, far away from the beach. DOUBLE DOHHH!!! Anyway...it wasn't too bad a place, definitely bigger than my own apartment in Singapore. It's probably two or three times the size but the place is really for honeymooning couples although I didn't really see anyone. Either it's not the peak period or they were busy with their honeymoon duties.
Some photos...
This was taken before I left for the trip. This is Kim, my ex-housemate in Melbourne (whose brother is my housemate now) and his half Japanese daughter Mira. Cute huh? Don't let that fool you! She has the largest set of lungs and voice in the world!
Hey P&J, how on earth do you stack your photos horizontally in blogger? I can't seem to do it so my postings are always very long!
chet
2 comments:
You add them without layout (so not centered or right/left). Then you can drag them around or better yet edit the HTML to move them to where you want.
If you want to get really fancy you can put them into a HTML table, then you have pretty much any layout you like (and can add comments to each photo easily).
Cheers
Jack...
Looks like a very nice place to stay. :)
P.S. I always put my photos in using HTML table.
Post a Comment