Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gotcha!

Hey P, this posting is for you. Was putting on my shoes to go out for lunch when I noticed the clouds had parted for a few minutes...


View from the hostel entrance

A closer shot...

Train station with Mt Fuji background - the train station looks bigger but only because Mt Fuji is about 40-50 mins drive further in the background

Trying to capture the train with Mt Fuji in the background just like they do in those Japan tourist ads ('cept they use the Shinkansen)

What was for lunch? Possibly one of the best katsu-don I've had in years! :-) Yes, I know the food that I've been eating is pretty standard stuff outside Japan but it seems to be all that I can find in this area. Haven't found anything exotic yet except maybe all the different types of pickles. Maybe they're catering to foreign tourists like me?

Why am I at a PC now rather than exploring? Well...wouldn't you know it...all this cloud brings rain!

chet

3 comments:

Polina said...

wow - looks amazing! :) it seems bigger somehow than I imagined it...

Eug said...

That's because it's big! I'm in Kyoto now and there's so much to see in this city, five days is not enough!

Zoya said...

It looks beautiful.