I had the opportunity to try something I've never tried in all my years of flying so I took it. It was a very different flying experience and defintely more enjoyable than business class, which itself is already quite nice on Singapore Airlines. So this is the story of the food the people at the front end of the plane enjoy (what else can I write about?!?)
The flying experience was great but the lounge in the new Changi terminal 3 was disappointing so I didn't bother uploading any photos of it. They did have a semi-decent curry laksa though.
The first thing I noticed when I boarded the plane was just how cold it was! No wonder it's always warm in cattle class, all the cold air has been pushed into the first four rows of the plane. Being 'inexperienced' I had trouble deciding where to put my hand luggage, where the entertainment system keypad was, etc. BTW, we get 15" screens all to ourselves muahaha. Next thing I couldn't get used to is the curvature of the plane up the front. My seat is angled at about 10-15 degrees of the direction the plane will travel. So when we're taxiing, it felt as if the pilot was drunk or something. :-)
I think it's easier you just read the captions...

Yes the seats are big enough to fit me comfortably!
I've got me camera out and the others have probably figured out this is my first time...
Enjoying my satay (which was horrible) and 1998 Chateau Pichon-Longueville...
The Japanese menu which I didn't try since I'm going to be in Japan for three weeks!
The Western menu...
Rock lobster and avocado tartare garnished with baby lettuces and cherry tomato - delicious!
Cream of roasted pumpkin with sauteed mushroom - ok but wasn't fantastic
Salad of baby spinach, arugula and green frissee garnished with semi dried sour cherry, goat cheese and caramelised walnut - loved the walnuts!
Sauteed jumbo prawns served with lobster sauce, eggplant puree, baby carrots and buttered gourmet potato - the prawns were awesome but the potatoes a bit plain (I'm being picky here)
Haagen Dazs ice cream served with berry compote and pistachio nut - err...I ate the base as well (I think it decorative?)All in all, would I pay SGD7,000 for a return ticket from Singapore to Tokyo? Nahhh....I'd love to but I don't think it's worth that much money just to get a nicer seat (very nice seat to be fair), good food and good wine plus some great moisturiser and pajamas.
chet

4 comments:
NEI CHOW HO LEH!!!!
Well, like I said...just trying it for the sake of trying!
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Me jealous since I haven't even flown business long-haul :-(
Hey hello!
You've been on first class to Bali before. You just don't remember. But then it was so short a flight, they served us satay only!
Post a Comment