Friday, June 13, 2008

New shoes!

I took on the #@%#@ traffic jam (always happens when they have that blasted PC fair in Suntec) today and got to the gear shop jussst before they closed and bought myself a new pair of trekking/walking shoes. It's the only pair in the shop that fit me and the shopkeeper was happy to give me a 25% discount since no one else has feet as big as mine. :-) It's a really nice pair of Asolo Fugitive Gortex Boots at SGD255.00. Good 'ol Italian fashioned boots. :-)

Of course being the only shoe that fit me, I didn't really have a choice of colour and it's green and it's exactly the same model and colour as another friend of mine 'cept my size is twice hers. Argh...she's gonna kill me....

It looks small here but it's a size 14!

And oh yeah, I bought a pair of Mund Pirineos socks too (SGD30 after discount!) - I wonder why it's so expensive when it's all synthetic??

My trusty AUD100 Garmont shoes (bought at HUGE discount) that's been through the wars (Nepal, New Zealand, China) - sad to have to leave it behind but it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore

Nicely worn in (and out)

chet

No comments: