I'm staying at a place called Kawaguchiko Station Inn. It's right opposite the train station and is at the base of Mt Fuji. I've been asking the guy where Mt Fuji is and he keeps pointing to a small spot to the left of the train station. Mt Fuji is notoriously hard to spot because it's always covered by the clouds. So every morning at 4.30am (which is sunrise here), I get up and I look in that tiny spot from my room window wondering when on earth I'll ever be able to see the mountain. Well, I got my answer today. It's so big I can't see the whole of it if I was standing half-a-metre away from the window. The train station is dwarfed by Mt Fuji (1/1,000,000th??) and here I have been stupidly staring at that small space all the time wondering where it was. It's not that small space...it's the entire sky!
I can't upload photos here but you'll see what I mean when I do. :-)
*UPDATED*
Manage to find one computer that I can connect my USB cable to. It's a real pain in the arse with Windows Vista as you can't right-click and select resize anymore. Trust M$ to take good features out. Anyway I used an online image resizing tool...

You can barely see the outline of the peak but it's there and it's hiding in the clouds again. This photo was taken from my room. I'm still waiting for that perfect shot. Got up at 4.15am again this morning but nothing except clouds. :-(
This
website has more professional photos. :-)
chet
3 comments:
funny! :) although I gotta say I'm pretty jealous ... it sounds amazing. I demand more photos!!!!
PS: you do realise that it's impossible to give a correct answer on your poll? I mean I'd like to say that 'yes' you should go to Europe, and 'no' to going to Asia.... hrmmmmmm :)
Heh heh heh...I was merely trying to gauge opinion on whether I should blow two or three Asian holidays to make ONE trip to Europe. :-) Might be a bit more affordable to go to London at least since my brother just moved there.
Post a Comment