Sunday, September 07, 2008

Roti canai and nasi lemak...

Was back in Kuantan a few weeks ago and remembered to go and eat at one of my favourite roti canai and nasi lemak places on a Saturday. They are not open on Sundays and many a times I have gone all the way there (it's about 20 mins drive from town) only to find out it was closed... So this time I REMEMBERED and grabbed dad to go along and eat it!

Some low-res photos (damn it - I forgot to set my phone to take high-res photos):

Delicious nasi lemak still in their packets and kopi peng (iced coffee) to go with it

Unwrapped....slobber....the taste is quite unique...can't find this anywhere else!

Extra crispy and thin roti telur bawang and red chilli (roti with egg, onion and red chilli) - delish!

And the very unique Malay style fish curry with some sort of daal mix that I cannot seem to reproduce! Needless to say it's fantastic and I normally ask for two plates!

Hmm...I must remember to take my friends there on SATURDAY next week. Yep, going back to Kuantan for a little break with my friends next weekend. Can't wait to take them to my favourite laksa, roti canai, nasi lemak, Specky guy, etc. etc. GEEEZzz.....how can I lose weight like this?!?

Hmm....maybe I'll go look for this for dinner tonight...(argh I feel hungry now)

chet

No comments: