Friday, June 05, 2009

Another half a year gone

Wow, my life is literally flashing past so quickly nowadays. Seems like yesterday was Chinese New Year and I'm having reunion dinner with family and catching up, etc. and now it's June already! How is everyone else around the globe doing?

As for me, life is still pretty routine. I still travel heaps for work. I've been to Hong Kong, KL, Jakarta, Bangkok, Bangalore, Manila, Macau, Beijing and Guangzhou just this year! This is a good and bad thing - I get to explore the Asia Pacific region, observing the local cultures and studying their history but at the same time, I'm losing whatever fitness I had left and the waistline continues to expand. I hope that will change though with an upcoming trek to Gongga Mountain in Sichuan province, China. My typical routine = wake up, go to work, World of Warcraft, sleep with a slight variation on weekends where I do my laundry and sit in a quiet section of the shopping mall sipping on sub-standard coffee. The new routine will have to accommodate some running and swimming.

I still haven't had the chance to visit Melbourne yet which is frustrating. I haven't even gotten to play with Maya yet! Maybe Greg and Tanya should come visit me in Singapore instead and bring her along. *hint hint*. I was very tempted by the unbelievable SGD$410 all in return tickets on Emirates this week but alas it's not to be - no time, no moolah. As for Europe, see previous sentence.

So anyway, just a quick Friday morning note to make sure my blog stays 'active'. :-) You won't really find a lot of my food exploits being posted here anymore. I'm putting them into my more public food blog http://eatsleepdrinkwoman.blogspot.com. And oh yeah, there is a reason to include 'woman' in the URL too. That's because eatsleepdrink.blogspot.com was taken. What did you think it was? :-)

chet

No comments: