Sunday, March 02, 2008

Yawwwwnnnnnn.............

Yawwnnnnn....greetings everyone. I've decided to have a lazy, lazy weekend - no cycling, no running, no getting out of bed, no nothing! Well, except the laundry (3 loads worth) and changing light bulbs. My pad is full of them halogen lamp thing-a-magics. I reckon it's time to replace the burnt out bulbs when one cannot see what one is eating no?

BTW, I lie a little when I say lazy, lazy weekend. I did drag myself out of the apartment yesterday and went for (a) coffee and (b) a movie. If you're thinking about watching "Meet the Spartans", DON'T. It sucks big time. I thought it might be a funny stupid movie but it turned out to be a not so funny stupid movie although having the fat guy from Borat (no idea what his name is) was a little bit funny.

Remember how I drowned my phone so many months ago? I bought a 2GB Sony memory stick M2 card for extra storage. By George, finding a card reader for the damn thing can be listed in the "squeeze water out of rock" category of difficulty. My solution? OK, here goes - M2 into M2 adapter into Memory Stick converter into multi card reader into USB. Guess I can't complain though, I did find a few photos that I took from Hanoi, some photos of food (what else) and a few incriminating ones of friends (Yin, Ramil) MUAHAHAHHAHA.

Photos from a work trip to Hanoi (June '07!) below:

View from my hotel in Hanoi - you can see one of numerous lakes around Hanoi in the background

Downtown view of Hanoi from my hotel

Steamboat dinner Vietnamese style with Huy and gang (delicious!)

Some of the food (and mobile phone)

Lunch with Ha and some local business partner - hard to swallow lunch - frogs legs, internal organs, some stuff which tasted weird and I have no idea what - it's always good to try everything once??

There are literally thousands and thousands of motorcycles in Hanoi!

Trying to proof my point about the motorcycles...

Vietnamese beef noodles - I still like the one in Melbourne though

Some shops around Hanoi - a bit quiet this section of town

Surrounded again!

More shops

Buying some green bean cakes for a friend

More bikes

OK - last photo of bikes I promise! I wonder if the people who sell motorcycles in Hanoi are rich?

One of the local business partners insisted on taking me sightseeing. He took me to this hand crafted silk paintings shop where he used to work. The subject and quality of the paintings is just fantastic. I would really really love to have one (hint of birthday gift idea to friends who strike the lottery) Unfortunately I can't afford/justify any of the nice ones! (picture > USD1,000). I've posted a collection of them below:


Wow...this lazy post has now taken an hour to write and upload photos. What's the rest of the world (i.e. England, Germany, Australia) up to?

chet

5 comments:

Zoya said...

:-) I have a huge list of beautiful things I can't afford as well (evil Etsy!). Maybe I should start dropping hints for my bday presents on my blog.

I wish I could have a weekend like yours. Need to do 8 hrs of work today *cringe*

Quenie Fong said...

Poor Eug and his lazy weekend....Tuesday came and he got hit by a cab making an illegal U-turn whilst cycling! Now poor Eug is nursing a cut lip that needed 13 stitches, a broken front tooth, bruises and gashes! Lucky thing he's not injured badly!

Tanti said...

OMG... I hope you get well soon. Eug, naik taxi saja, jangan naik sepeda kat jalan. anyway, cepat sembuh ya...

Yin said...

incriminating pix? of me????

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :P

Eug said...

Tanti - thanks for the wishes. Ini pasal pemandu teksi-lah. Saya berbasikal seperti biasa tuju ke pantai timur tetapi taxi driver bodoh langgar saya tak boleh buat apa-lah. Di Singapura, tiada banyak tempat saya boleh bawa basikal saya jadi tak ada pilihan tempat lain. Sekarang basikal sudah rosak jadi tak boleh guna sekarang.

Bila kamu dan Greg sampai? Kita mesti keluar makan dan minum. :-)

Yin - yessssss....I do have photos!!!