Sunday, April 13, 2008

Penang!

1988 - the year Ayrton Senna won his first championship, the year when Wimbledon created one of the biggest upsets in FA Cup history, the year of the Seoul Olympic games and err...the last time I set foot on the island of Penang here on the northern side of Malaysia.

Has it changed? I can't remember much but judging by the number of tall buildings here, and the many abandoned old houses, I'd say the tides of change are here and here to stay. Even from the plane you can see just how big Penang has grown especially on the mainland side.

The view from my hotel room. It's grainy but you can just about work out the old shophouses (red roofs) sitting with all the tall buildings.

Funny looking ball thingy. I have no idea what it is or what it's for.

Yawwwnnn....time to catch some winks. Been a horrendous work week which ended with dinner, a movie and drinks last night till the wee hours of the morning. I went out with some friends to watch "The Kid and I" at the Singapore National Museum (part of the Singapore Film Festival). It was quite enjoyable and funny. :-) Go check it out if you have time. I wish I knew about the film festival earlier as it ends tomorrow and here I am in Penang (argh).

I've also recently watched a Korean comedy. It's called "Kidnapping Granny K" and is funnnnnnnyyyyy. :-) Highly recommended! Swampy and Tanti, I know you guys like Korean films. Go check it out if you haven't already.

OK...off for some zzzs...........have a good one.

chet

No comments: